Welcome to CyberPsych.

Bookmark and Share

See other areas of interest Eating Disorders Information | Find-A-Therapist | PenPals for Anxiety Disorders | Support Groups | Teen OCD | Apology Project | CyberPsych Home |

The purpose of this discussion board is to allow people to express their feelings and find peer support.
There is no professional intervention, and it is not intended to be psychological treatment or education.
For HotLine help, especially for suicidal feelings, try 1.800.SUICIDE (784.2433). Also dialing 211 can refer you to help in many areas of the US.
HotLine for Eating Disorders is 1.800.931.2237

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Eating Disorders

Not Sure...

Posted By: Kai
Date: Monday, 12 February 2007, at 9:05 a.m.

...but I'm not entirely sure I do/don't have an eating disorder. Maybe someone can help clarify it for me?

I'm 17; I've had an unhealthy relationship with food for as far as I can remember. Mostly, following in my family's footsteps, I've had problems with compulsive overeating. Between my freshman and sophmore year of High School I gained 41 lbs due to my incesant binging. That winter, my Mom forced me to go to OA. I lost 23 lbs there before I got into the habit of just not eating at all. I'm still sort of there, but with periods of binging as well. Since sophmore year I've lost about 60 lbs. Now, I know it's not all about the numbers, but that's how it's always been for me at least. I've had periods of purging too...but I feel like I don't fit into one category of eating disorder because I go both ends of the spectrum. I just want to find a filling medium and be healthy. But does any of this mean that I have an eating disorder?

Messages In This Thread

Not Sure...
Kai -- Monday, 12 February 2007, at 9:05 a.m.
Re: Not Sure...
Julie Levin -- Saturday, 26 May 2007, at 7:33 a.m.

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Eating Disorders is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.12. hosted by CyberPsych.org