Welcome to CyberPsych.

Bookmark and Share

See other areas of interest Eating Disorders Information | Find-A-Therapist | PenPals for Anxiety Disorders | Support Groups | Teen OCD | Apology Project | CyberPsych Home |

The purpose of this discussion board is to allow people to express their feelings and find peer support.
There is no professional intervention, and it is not intended to be psychological treatment or education.
For HotLine help, especially for suicidal feelings, try 1.800.SUICIDE (784.2433). Also dialing 211 can refer you to help in many areas of the US.
HotLine for Eating Disorders is 1.800.931.2237

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Eating Disorders

bulimia trouble

Posted By: Mari
Date: Monday, 24 July 2006, at 8:51 a.m.

I have suffered from bulimia for about four years now. I am scared about my problem but can't control myself from not binging and purging. It breaks my heart and it tears me up that I have so much to be thankful for and I still hurt myself. I know that I am hurting my body physically. It is almost as if I feel my body slowly suffering the consequences of this long term disease. I know something is wrong inside my body. I know it is not like it used to. Doing it makes me even more depressed and it makes me feel lonely, ashamed guilty and not in good standing with God. I feel like I don't even know who I am anymore. I have always been surrounded by loving friends and family but I am obsessed with who I am physically. I don't want to blame anybody at this point but myself. I went to the doctor but I don't think I can continue any treatment on my own. The doctor makes it seem like he understands what is wrong but I know that I need psychological services in addition to a visiting a general physician. I feel helpless.

Messages In This Thread

bulimia trouble
Mari -- Monday, 24 July 2006, at 8:51 a.m.
Re: bulimia trouble
Mariela -- Thursday, 28 June 2012, at 4:51 p.m.

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

Eating Disorders is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 5.12. hosted by CyberPsych.org